Before you start filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, take a few minutes to schedule time to have your air conditioner examined by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not seem like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people agree that the summer months in McMurray are not the greatest time for an air conditioner to stop working. Scheduling air conditioner service helps you be more proactive and our expert technicians can look for any red flags that indicate trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups acknowledge areas of concern, but it also keeps your air conditioner running as efficiently as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you should continually check on and maintain to make sure you are maximizing the benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the greatest performance possible out of your air conditioner. A living space that offers home comfort is the main purpose, but a properly running air conditioner also helps lower your energy bills and prolongs the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at least every three months, so the technician will examine the cleanliness of the existing filter. Filters that are dirty force your air conditioner to work harder than necessary and can also lower the quality of the air in your house.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are not good things when it comes to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause added stress on your system and too much will reduce how efficiently your air conditioner maintains cool temperatures in your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are a lot of moving parts within in an air conditioner and when those moving parts become loose it increases the risk of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can gather on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can harm efficiency and raise the amount of energy used.
The experts from Kowalski Heating, Cooling & Plumbing in McMurray offer a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, as well as help you by answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your overall home comfort. Give them a call at 724-370-0141 and keep cool this summer.